Today’s world calls for fully alive, fully connected, fully expressed individuals. It calls for people with creative ingenuity, a desire to learn and the ability to collaborate and problem solve. It calls for people with an identity that is rooted in relationship to the whole, and the passion and tools needed to respond to the great work before us. Recognizing our interdependency with all life, the WE Immersion seeks to cultivate leaders, stewards and pioneers for a socially just, ecologically harmonious and consciously awakened future. Join us for this 9 month journey, September 2017 – May 2018. APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN! See Program Overview for details.
Weaving Earth Immersion Curriculum
DEEP NATURE CONNECTION
Humans and nature are part of an inseparable whole. By connecting deeply to our place in the natural world, we remember our ultimate belonging and awaken our vision and unique genius.
Connection skills in our nature program will help you to:
- Learn the art of interpreting bird language
- Cultivate deep skills of observation and pattern recognition
- Expand your sensory awareness
- Understand whole systems through holistic tracking
- Read the landscape
The ongoing health of community and ecology depends on cultural elements that deeply connect members of every generation to self, others and place.
Acquire skills that enable you to:
- Facilitate and evoke curiosity and creativity in yourself and others
- Listen deeply
- Facilitate group dynamics and interactions
- Design and inspire mentoring experiences
- Apply a mentoring model in your own community, life and work
As humans, we have shaped and been shaped by our environments since the beginning. Now, as natural systems face increasing stress, we must ask: do our efforts follow nature’s wisdom or defy it? Permaculture guides our response towards the health of the whole.
Learn with WE’s team of professional Permaculture designers:
- Permaculture design principles and strategies
- Gardening through the seasons
- Food forest and annual garden design, maintenance and harvest
- Applied Permaculture: real world projects from design to implementation
- Soil, water and habitat restoration
TENDING THE WILD
Vitality arises out of our direct, reciprocal relationship with the “wild” landscape. As we tend to the health of the ecosystem and wisely gather food, medicine and tools, people and the land are both incomparably enriched.
Become caregivers, protectors and stewards of the natural world through:
- Ecosystem restoration
- Wild-crafting (food, fiber, fire, basketry, etc.)
- Learning how to identify and use edible and medicinal plants
- Earth living skills—fire, water, shelter, food
- Immersion into reciprocal relationships with the natural world
- Understanding when to tend to a landscape, and when to leave it alone
Healthy relationships are at the foundation of regenerative culture. Weaving Earth works with traditional Peacemaking practices to empower self-awareness, deep listening and the capacity to think and act like a circle.
Peacemaking helps you to:
- Navigate reciprocal relationships across difference
- Gracefully negotiate and reconcile conflict
- Understand the role of ceremony in the health of individuals and communities
- Choose your finest words: speak and listen from the heart
- Cultivate unity with self and others
Just as we can read animal tracks on the forest floor, so too can we track movements within our internal landscape—of behaviors, judgments, dreams and longings. Our ability to see the dance of light and shadow within calls forth our wholeness and gifts.
Inner Tracking skills help you:
- Learn to track and release personal obstacles and blocks
- Learn to identify your gifts and the gifts of others
- Cultivate forgiveness and adaptability
- Understand the self within the context of natural cycles
- Generate vision and strong intention for the life you would love to lead
HOLISTIC LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY RESILIENCE
Our current era requires leadership that is born out of the maturation of the human spirit. Such leadership must be rooted in interrelationship, fueled by creative collaboration, and considerate of the health and well-being of many generations to come. Community resilience emerges when leadership is sourced out of respect for the whole.
Training in holistic community leadership teaches:
- Activation of personal gifts
- Honoring transitions
- Regenerative Community Design
- Healthy human development and Rites of Passage
CONNECTION TO CREATIVITY
Creativity is far more than our capacity to make art. It is the key to solving today’s problems with different worldviews than the ones that generated them. When we open a channel for inspiration to move through us, unhindered, emergent solutions and innovations are born.
Pathways to creativity:
- Deep sensory awareness and expansion
- Storytelling and improvisation
- Music and song creation
- Edge experiences
- Practice of gratitude